In order to apply for the Mitchell Scholarship Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen at time of application.
- At least 18 years of age but not yet 30 on September 30, 2015.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar.
Successful applicants have documented evidence of significant achievement in:
- Academic excellence: applicants should exhibit sound scholarly excellence and strong preparation for the proposed field of graduate study
- Commitment to community and public service
For more detailed information, please visit the George J. Mitchell Scholarship website.
When should you start thinking about the Mitchell?
End of Sophomore/beginning of Junior year at CUA.
When should you begin the application?
Spring of your Junior year.
2018-2019 Competition Timeline
- April 7, 2017: CUA Pre-application Deadline
- May 2017: Application available online
- September 8, 2017: Mitchell Scholarship CUA Campus Deadline
- Mid-September, 2017: On Campus Interviews held
- October 1, 2017: Mitchell Scholarship National Application Deadline
- October 4, 2017: Submission deadline for required video interview
- Week of October 27, 2017: Semi-Finalist Skype Interviews
- November 21-22, 2017: Mitchell Scholarship Finalist Weekend
- Late November 2017: Mitchell Scholar Selection Announcement
For More Information
Contact Matthew Cantirino, Fellowships Coordinator, at email@example.com to set up a meeting.