In order to be eligible for a Marshall Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen at the time of application
- Have completed undergraduate degree after April 2012.
- Have obtained an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University. Participation in a study abroad program does not preclude students from applying.
- A complete list of rules for One Year and Two Year Marshall Scholarship applicants can be found here.
- The Marshall selection committees will look for candidates who have the potential to excel as scholars, as leaders, and as contributors to improved UK-US understanding.
- Assessment will be based on academic merit, leadership potential and ambassadorial potential. For more information about these criteria, please see the Marshall Website.
- They will also look for adequate preparation for the proposed course of study, particularly in the upper-level course work and real strength in the major field.
- Applicants will be required to present a cogent argument as to why their studies and proposed career would be best served by spending two years at a British university or one year if they are applying for the one year Marshall Scholarship.
- Preference will be given to candidates who combine high academic ability with the capacity to play an active part in the life of the United Kingdom university to which they go, and to those who display a potential to make a significant contribution to their own society.
For more detailed information, please visit the Marshall Scholarship website.
When should you start thinking about the Marshall?
End of Sophomore/beginning of Junior year at CUA.
When should you begin the application?
Spring of your Junior year.
2015-2016 Competition Timeline
- April 3, 2014: CUA Pre-application Deadline
- Late May 2014: Application available online
- September 3, 2014: Marshall Scholarship CUA Campus Deadline
- Mid-September, 2014: On Campus Interviews
- October 1, 2014: Marshall Scholarship National Application Deadline
On Campus Sessions
Last Steps- Completing the Application
August 26, 2014
2pm in McMahon 114
General Fellowships Info Session
Specific date and time TBA.
For More Information
Contact Julie Yarwood, Fellowships Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org