Spring Break International Seminars
Spring Break 2016: Athens
Come experience Athens, where ancient history and vibrant modern culture exist side-by-side at the crossroads between the western and eastern Mediterranean. Then travel through Corinth to the Peloponnese, to the charming seaside former capital of Nafplio and the prehistoric fortress of Mycenae, the legendary home of Agamemnon.
* Climb the Acropolis, where the Parthenon still stands.
* Visit the heart of ancient democracy in the Athenian Agora.
* Marvel at Byzantine mosaics and icons--and their modern descendants.
* Walk in the path of St. Paul at Corinth.
* Soak up the sun and enjoy some real Greek food in beautiful Nafplio.
* Explore the prehistoric citadel and tombs at Mycenae.
* Learn about the place of modern Greece in the modern world.
For more information, call the University Honors Program at 202-319-5220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSLS 205- City of Athens from Antiquity
Dr. Sarah Ferrario M 3:40-6:10pm
This course can count towards the Honors in Liberal Studies track or be a substitute in the Humanities track. It may also fulfill a Theology or Humanities requirement.